Welcome to the now-and-again T on FIRE Weekly Report! Spring has finally arrived in my part of the world; dirty snow is gone and has just left piles of dirt instead, my town is flooding from excessive climate change and therefore rising waters, and the squirrels are chasing each other around the yard.
With all that fun stuff happening, it’s difficult to fully focus on FIRE efforts. That said, here are a few things I got done this past week to help myself towards the ultimate FIRE goal.
- I mentioned last week that I was starting my own 10 lb challenge – lose 10 lbs in 10 weeks, so I can be healthier and enjoy FIRE for a few extra weeks. Haha. There are 6 participants. Hopefully we can keep ourselves motivated!
- Made $80 selling stuff I owned.
- Checked one insurance company’s rates to compare against my current rates. Will do more this week. This one has been dragging for months…
- Meal prepped a fair bit to save money on dining out over the next week.
Not a ton, but it’s something I guess. This week I plan to:
- Get the Guardian thing worked out so I can finish my estate planning
- Read some more of “The millionaire next door”
- Check 2 more insurance companies for rates.
- Sell another thing.
- Clean my own dryer vent and pipe, so I don’t have to pay someone to come and do it.
I think that’s about it for the week. What are you doing this week to better your financial situation? Let me know in the comments!