Welcome to the end of another month. AND, another Weekly Report. Hurrah! Winter is going on FOREVER here in Canada. Worst one in a long time. It started early and appears to be ending late. Spring is *apparently* in 16 days. Whatever, calendar.
I hope everyone pursuing FIRE was able to achieve great things this week! I had a pretty poor week in terms of achieving FIRE-related activities. This weekly report really says it all. You’ll notice that some of my completed items may be a bit of a stretch in terms of helping me to achieve FIRE. But hey, the spiralizer *was* free, and theoretically it will also encourage me to meal prep more. See? Kind of a stretch. I know. On to the report!
Things I managed to do
- Sent new Risk questionnaire and other information to my Financial Adviser. We’ll see what he comes up with for improvements to my portfolio.
- Finished the month UNDER $800 spent on groceries! ($762.94 to be exact) This is unheard of in my household. Let’s see if we can do it again!
- Got buy in from Hubs to have a no-spend month. In fact, he wants to have 2 this year. WHATTTTT?!??? So awesome.
- Got a *free* spiralizer from a Buy Nothing group in my area. Let’s just say I’m pretty jazzed about making new fancy noodles and salads cheaply from my piles of root vegetables. YAY!
- Added an “About” page to my blog. Apparently this is a good thing to do? Or so other bloggers seem to think. IDK. Maybe no one cares. Regardless, I feel an enhancement to my blog counts as a FIRE activity.
Some things from previous reports, some new things for this week
- Last week’s Tweak from the Afford Anything one tweak a week challenge – research your salary! My assignment is to check at least 3 websites to find out average compensation for my job. This should be a quick task.
- This week’s tweak is cool, and I will do it: Develop a catch phrase that you’ll ask yourself whenever you’re about to spend money. For example:
- “Would I rather have [X], or would I rather put this money towards a plane ticket to Bali?”
- “Would I rather spend [X], or would I rather be [Y number of days/weeks] closer to financial independence?”
- Continue to improve my adherence to my Get Healthy Plan
- Get a copy of “Your Money or your Life” by Vicki Robin, because I had to return mine to the library 🙁
- Post my month 5 FIRE report on this blog
- Start on filing my taxes for 2018. PAR-TAY!
Please let me know what you did this week to help your financial situation. Thanks for coming by!
This post contains affiliate links to help me pay my blog costs. Thank you for reading!