G’day! Well, my month of no internet which I talked about in the last monthly report has really reduced the amount of time I’m spending (or wanting to spend) online. Even though blogging is on my list of exceptions of things-I-can-do-on-the-internet-during-no-internet-month, I’ve just not been as inclined to get on here. That said, it’s been two weeks since my last weekly report, and I owe it to you, dear reader, and myself. On with the FIRE efforts!
Exciting FIRE-y activities for this Weekly Report:
- Managed to finish my course and renew my PMP certification. HURRAY! This allows me to keep my current job which allows me to save save save for FIRE.
- Received tax refund. This counts, right?? How about “Received tax refund and put a portion of the refund on debt”. That sounds better. I took $500 and put it down as an extra debt payment in March. Another extra payment will be coming in April. WOOHOO! Still on track to pay all debt by June of 2020, but if I’m diligent I think I can beat that goal.
- Posted my February FIRE report, finally. Now it’s time to post March!
Things I am planning to do this week:
- Tweaks from the Afford Anything one tweak a week challenge – research my salary. Still haven’t done this.
- Do ONE THING to get my side hustle idea off the ground. Even one small thing. Come on, self!
- Meet with Hubs to go over the budget and our new Wish Farm and Wish List in YNAB! The Wish Farm is (for us) our top 2-3 wish list items we want to fund as a priority. We set those aside in a separate grouping (above the Wish List for obvious visibility). Then we focus on saving for just those things with money we have left over at the end of the month. A fun new concept I’m looking forward to trying.
- Do some extra meal prep + freezing to save time and money next week, and attempt to continually improve my healthy eating plan. Grocery budget was high for March, but I’ve had a bit too much food waste so this month will be better!
- Read for a couple of hours.
- Sell one thing.
Things I’m putting on the back burner – for now.
- This week’s tweak: embrace old-school energy efficiency! This one centres around doing traditional type things to make your home more efficient. The tricky part about this is winter is (supposed to be) over at this point, and we’re going to be cracking windows to let in all the freshest air. Therefore, I’m going to wait until fall to implement this one. I could check around doors to make sure drafts are taken care of now, however.
- Get a copy of “Your Money or your Life” by Vicki Robin. I have 4 books, partially read on my night stand. I’ve decided I must finish one before getting back into YMOYL.
That’s it for now. I hope to write a separate post about my no-internet-month experience, so look for that soon. In the meantime, TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON IN INTERWEBS!!!