Since I haven’t done a semi-weekly FIRE report since this one back in JUNE, I figured it’s about time to HOLD MYSELF ACCOUNTABLE and get back on the FIRE bandwagon.
One thing I like about doing the weekly reports (or semi-weekly, or occasional) is that it forces me to look back and really think about what I’ve been doing, if anything, to propel myself to FIRE. The fact is, I’ve been at this for almost 10 months, and that means I need to see progress. MORE of it. DEMAND MORE!
This morning on my way to work, I saw a young woman on her front stoop, in her pajamas, smoking a cig and playing on her smart phone. I thought, “I want to be able to do that at 8:20 in the morning, instead of commuting to work!” Ok, minus the cigarette, and I’d probably be lounging on the back stoop in my pajamas, instead of making all the busy commuters on the street jealous. Anyway you get the picture. I want to be sitting on my veranda, sipping coffee, reading the latest news about the world ending due to climate change, and just enjoying the peace of the morning while all the other middle-aged adults rush to their day jobs.
Okay, let’s get down to business.
Recently completed FIRE-Related Things
- Shopped for new car insurance, saving $100 for the year.
- Sold 3 items I had laying around, netting $66.
- Started an Etsy store. There is nothing in it yet, but dammit it will become an income stream somehow, someday!
- Got approved for Google AdSense on this blog! Now I have to just figure out how to do it without being annoying 😛
- Paid $800 to Line of Credit
- Started a $500 challenge to make enough $ to invest in my Questrade account.
- Did a bit of meal planning and prepping this past weekend. Still lots of work to do here.
This week – Priorities for the next Weekly FIRE Report!
- Sell another thing or 2.
- Figure out Google AdSense
- Continue meal planning and prepping. Try to use what we have.
- Educate myself on my commutes via audio books + podcasts. I got the 4 Hour Work Week from the library so I hope to start that tomorrow.
- Curb unnecessary spending! We’ve gone a bit crazy this month.
Have a great week, everyone!
This post contains affiliate links.