Well hello there.
It’s been awhile, hasn’t it? Vacation week+ went by in a flurry. Back to the grind. Honestly I didn’t get much done on vacation. It was a fantastic escape from all things FIRE. Regardless, here’s a few things I did!
Things I did to propel myself to FIRE
- Signed up for Magic Jack to replace our home phone. TBD EXACTLY how much I will save, but I believe it is significant. I’m also going to cut the cable cord forever. DAMN you, evil un-named large Canadian ISP, for making the bundle cheaper than just internet and home phone!
- Got Google Adsense and Amazon Associates accounts up and running properly on the blog. Hurray!
- Progressed slightly in the $500 challenge
- Signed up for Usertesting.com. Completed my first, second, and third test!
- Signed M up for a slightly less expensive after school program. It won’t save much (about $30 per month) but I am counting it.
I’m really looking forward to putting more time into my FIRE efforts for the remainder of the month and into September. I still need to make over $300 to meet the goal of the $500 challenge! So, onward and upward, I always say.
I hope you are progressing well in your efforts. I’m quickly coming up on 1 year of FIRE, and thinking about how to illustrate my progress on the blog for myself and others. More thought needs to go into that for sure. I think comparing key metrics like net worth, dollars saved, expenses reduced, etc. will be much easier to pull now that I’m using YNAB and tracking what is saved and spent. I think this will also help me fine tune my actual FIRE numbers in terms of what I will need to save to get there and what I can commit to in the future.