I thought it would help me with accountability if I posted weekly Fire activities. Here’s the details for last week! It will be a short post, but I’m going to try to do SOMETHING every week, so this is a great way to motivate myself (even something small that I do Sunday night at 11pm because I know I need to blog about it!)
Over the past week, I did the following activities to move me closer to FIRE:
- Posted my “DEBT FREE” printable on the fridge to motivate me and Hubs
- Put an extra debt payment of $400 on my loan, which involved actually calling the bank and talking to a human. Surprisingly difficult.
- Checked my credit report as part of the “One Tweak a Week” challenge
- Sold something on Facebook for $15
- Became a Bluehost.com affiliate, and added links to my blog for those of you who want to try Bluehost as your blog site provider
- Put $135 into the emergency fund
- Made cheapo apple cinnamon oats in my instant pot, which were so delicious. They reheated well with a bit of milk or water added. I posted the recipe with review here!
I think that’s it for last week. Keep making small steps in the right direction, we can do this!
For further motivation, here are this week’s goals:
- Sell 1 more thing
- Call bank again to talk to human. Permanently increase automated payment by $400 per month
- Spend NO MORE MONEY on groceries. Even though we’ve spent $777 on groceries in January, it’s the best month we’ve had since we started tracking our spending in YNAB. Hurray! (We used to spend over $1000 per month)
Please leave a comment to let me know what you did to get to better your financial situation over the past week, or what you are planning for this week. Have a great FIRE-Y week, everyone!
This post contains an affiliate link.